Thursday, April 12, 2012

This morning.. and hair..HAWMC 12

Stream  of  Consciousness  Day Start with the sentence “This morning I looked in the mirror...” just write, don’t stop, don’t edit. Post!


This morning I looked in the mirror and saw how long my hair has gotten. I have not had hair this long since Theresa and Andy got married in 2008. The difference is that this time it is grey. I have been thinking about getting it dyed but that is so much trouble . Every month not just a hair cut but a touch up or hours getting it dyed in addition to the hair cut. Plus my hair dresser - who I have gone to for years says she loves my color and that people pay to have my type of salt and pepper look. Sometimes I think it makes me look old some times I think it makes me look younger. Oh I just don't know. 


I am thinking maybe I don't want to dye it cause after I did that my cancer came back and I lost it any way. Why bother spending all that money to look younger. I am actually pretty happy being the age I am .I am aware of more things , and put things in priority differently than I did say 15 or 20 years ago. I am ok with me so why shouldn't I be ok with my grey hair.  Plus I want it to grow longer. 




If I have to loose it again then I will definitely have to get a wig that is grey like this. No more light brown/ golden brown look for me. Later this year I have to renew my drivers license. The last time I renewed it was 4 months after I finished chemo so in the photo I have no hair.  Well not no hair but very little. Might actually make it to August this year with hair- wouldn't that be nice.  Then I can have a photo with grey hair. 


Thinking now about a neighbor who lost her battle with cancer yesterday. I didn't know her very well  since she was in treatment since we moved here two years ago. When we moved here I was not really sharing with very many people that I was a cancer survivor. I wanted to make friends without that hanging over my head. Anyway the day I met her by the pool I knew she was wearing a wig and someone then told me she was  in treatment. I don't know what kind - just it was not breast cancer- that was from another neighbor who is a breast cancer survivor. Rest in Peace Lynn. Will go over and sit shiva later. 




Dee
Every Day is a Blessing.

No comments: