Thursday, April 5, 2012

#5 HWAMC Ekphrasis - Reaching Out

Ok first let me admit that I had not idea what Ekphrasis meant . From Reference.com I found this information.

What is ekphrasis?

Ekphrasis has been considered generally to be a rhetorical device in which one medium of art tries to relate to another medium by defining and describing its essence and formand indoing so, relate more directly to the audience, through its illuminative liveliness.


I went to flickr and put the words "reach out" in the search box. Was I cheating by looking for an image I wanted to show what I wanted to convey ?

Anyway this image - http://www.flickr.com/photos/dip108/388012741/ came up.

Why did I choose a hand that is reaching out? Because this entire journey with ovarian cancer I have been reaching out.  I have reached out to :
my doctors for healing
my friends in support group and other survivors for understanding
my God for courage and strength
my family for support and love
my friends for a shoulder to cry on
my pets for unconditional love and to make me smile

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: