Monday, April 2, 2012

HAWMC #2 Quotation Inspiration

I am participating in the Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge during April. Today's prompt: # 2 Quotation Inspiration

With God All Things Are Possible- Matthew 19:26


I don't regularly write about my faith in this blog but this prompt "find a quote that inspires you and write about it " has opened the door to do just that.

I have loved this quote since I was a child. My faith and God has always been an important part of my life. When I was growing up and things were tough I would remember this quote. When I applied to engineering school I thought of this quote and prayed it. When I taught school a small poster with this quote would hang in my classroom.I knew that with God and the Holy Spirit things would work out.

So when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2005 this quote was already part of who I was. I now use it as a  mantra. When I am going for medical tests (blood work, CT scans, etc) and doctor visits, if I take a deep breath and repeat "All things are possible with God. All things are possible with God......" it really helps to calm me. It is a way for me to pray, calm myself and it gives me hope, all at the same time.

I thank God for all he has possible in my life.

Dee
Every day is a Blessing!

No comments: