5 Challenges & 5 Small Victories. Make a list of the 5 most difficult parts of your health focus. Make another top 5 list for the little, good things (small victories) that keep you going.
- Make women aware that there are symptoms of Ovarian Cancer ( Bloating, frequent urination, abdominal pain, difficulty eating)
- Make women aware that all women are a risk for ovarian cancer .(Even if you had a hysterectomy you are at risk.)
- Make women aware that the Pap Test does not screen for Ovarian Cancer. (There is NO screening test for ovarian cancer. )
- Change people's reaction when I tell them " I am an ovarian cancer survivor." ( It is not a death sentence. At least right now for me it is not.)
- Have more doctors and researchers choose to focus their research on ovarian cancer
- Be able to share my story online through this blog and other sites
- Wake up some mornings and cancer is not the first thing I think of ( like this morning)
- Be treated by wonderful gynecologic oncologists and nurses
- Have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful women
- Have the opportunity to interact with researchers at ASCO
This was an interesting prompt. When I first started writing I wasn't sure I could find 5 good things but look at that I did.
Every Day is a Blessing!