Sunday, June 7, 2020

Inspiration from #ASCO20

On this National Cancer Survivor's Day I am sharing two very inspiring speeches from the #ASCO20 Virtual Annual Meeting. One by Dr Skip Burris who was completing his year term as ASCO president and the other by Dr David Fajbenbaum, survivor, advocate and author of Chasing My Cure.

First some tweets from Dr Burris' speech.




Then Dr  Fajbenbaum spoke.








As Dr  Fajbenbaum completed his talk I imagined what it would have been like hearing him talk while sitting in the packed large hall in McCormick.  I am sure his speech would have been interupted countless times by clapping. And I am also sure my head would have been nodding in agreement along with so many other advocates and researchers in the audience.

As an almost 15 year survivor of Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer I do have Hope that working together we canfind improved treatments and insure all patients receive the health care they need.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: