Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ASCO in Manageable Pieces

As you know this past weekend I was in Chicago for the American Society of Clinical Oncologists Annual (ASCO) meeting. I was participating thanks to the support of the Conquer Cancer Foundation. ASCO is the largest oncology meeting in the world with 30,000 participants.

While at the airport yesterday , waiting for my delayed flight home,  I looked back at my itinerary for ASCO and found that I attended:

7 Education sessions
1 Clinical Science Symposium
2 Oral Abstract sessions
2 Poster Discussion sessions

 I viewed well over 100 posters on gynecologic cancer, genitourinary cancer , developmental therapeutics and tumor biology and spoke to researchers who came from the US, Germany , France, Japan and Spain. And I also met some of the most motivated research advocates in the world.

I was hoping to blog every day but since my day started at 8am and ended at 6:30 with most days including dinners that ran till 9pm I found I did not reach my goal to post a detailed entry every day. Hopefully the posts I did write gave you flavor of what the meeting sessions covered.

But I've decided that I want to convey more about the research I heard and read about. So over the next few days I will be posting more detailed entries about:

Drug Shortages
Ovarian Cancer Phase I trials
Ovarian Cancer Phase III trials
International Ovarian Cancer Research
Parp Inhibitors
Cancer Patient Survivorship
Random Things I Found Interesting

I hope you will check back to read about the topics I found most interesting. Be sure to a questions if you would like me to explain anything further.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!


No comments: