Thursday, May 31, 2012

Preparing for ASCO

Tommorrow I head out to Chicago for the ASCO meeting. I am looking forward to meeting other ovarian cancer advocates and interacting with researchers and drug manufacturers regarding the latest breakthroughs in cancer research.

This year I will be bringing my Nook tablet so I hope to tweet and post here from the meeting. I'm still getting used to this device so the initial posts may be shorter than normal but I will be sure to fill in the blanks on my return.

<>Thank you to the Conquer Cancer Foundation for the opportunity to attend again this year.

DEE Every day is a blessing!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Have just found the Woman of Teal website and am looking forward to following your posts. Looks like this is a informative community with tons of support.

Enjoy meeting your ASCO meeting. Connecting with other survivors can be an empowering experience - add in the advocacy, and you guys are truly super heroes.

Unknown said...

Did you see the ladies from brightpink.I know Lindsey is very up on everything Ovarian too. I was lucky to speak with her when I was first diagnosed. Thanks again for all you are doing for ovarian and getting the word out. Once I am well I want to also contribute to educating everyone about this disease. Mary

Dee said...

Catherine - Thanks for the comments I'll be writing more about ASCO over the next few days.

Mary - I did not meet any Bright Pink Ladies but when I asked around a few other advocates had spoken to them. Glad they gave you the support you needed.