Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Third Painting in my Life Quilt Series- Strength

Just the other day I finished painting my third Life Quilt painting. I started painting after my initial diagnosis in 2005.

The colors in this painting which I titled Strength are purple the awareness color for pancreatic cancer and grey the awareness color for brain cancer . I chose to use those colors in memory of my cousin Charlie S who had brain cancer and family friend Roy D who had pancreatic cancer. Both men showed such strength when facing their cancers.



The quilt design is called friendship star. 
You can view my other quilt paintings here and here.

I'm going to take a break and paint a landscape but will be back painting quilts very soon. 

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!
PS For those who noticed a little blog layout change what do you think? 

No comments: