Sunday, April 15, 2012

Do I have a writing style? HAWMC #15


  Writing  with  Style. What is your style ? Do your words flow from your mind to  your  fingertips?  Do  you  like  handwriting  first?  Do  you  plan  your  posts?  Title  first   or  last?  Where  do  you  write  best? 

Writing style ? I don't know I've not really thought about it. Do I need a writing style? I am not a professional writer. I am more of a scientific writer rather than  one who writes flowery creative pieces. When I took English Comp in college the professor would hand back my assignments and say "Add words, make it more descriptive". That is not me though. I guess I try to look for the most concise way to say what I want to say. 

I do think for some time about what I will write about. Sometimes I write about my experiences , sometimes I write about how I feel, sometimes I write a commentary on something I have read, seen or done  and sometimes I just read research articles and then try to relay them to my readers in easy to understand terms. 

Then I start writing. I don't usually have a title before I write. Probably 99% of the time I write the post and then come up with the title. I don't think I write catchy titles like some of my blogger friends. Wish I could do that sometimes. 

I now love writing posts on my computer while sitting in my new mission style chair in the sun room of my home. I can pause , look at the ducks in the pond, birds in the trees and flowers in bloom.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: