Wednesday, April 11, 2012

CA-125 and Tigger ?

So lucky readers you get two posts today. This one a personal update.


Over the past few months my CA-125 has been bouncing around like Tigger. It was 13 then 16 then 11 now 17. Yes, those numbers are all in the normal range( < 35)  for that test.  But since I recurred in 2008 on my liver and spleen and my Ca-125 was 16 these results have a tendency of making me think that I should ready myself for another round of chemo.

I have been waiting since I went for my CT for the other shoe to drop. I've been super sensitive and pretty impatient. Sorry Nick and Matt for having to deal with me the past few days.

I e-mailed my gyn-onc on Monday (she has been on vacation since I had my scan done)  and told her that I really couldn't wait until I see her on the 24th to hear my results. So last night at 7 pm as my Gynecologic Support Group gathered at CINJ she came into the meeting room and asked to speak to me. I think my heart stopped beating for a few seconds as I walked into the hallway.

She held out the report and said that the bottom line was that everything - chest, abdomen, pelvic was  unremarkable. Oh boy do I like being unremarkable. She gave me a big hug and said see you at the end of the month. I can't describe how much I respect that woman and how blessed I am to have her as my doctor . She did not have to stick around to see me about my results she could have had one of the nurses call but she goes beyond treating her patient's disease she is aware of all the needs of her patients.

This morning Nick said " Got my wife back for 6 more months." and smiled.  Yup all that anxiety goes back into the box until September when the testing begins again.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! Blessed to be treated by Dr G.

2 comments:

l'optimiste said...

unremarkable!!! yay!! bring it ON! :)
so pleased for you
xxx

Karen said...

Dee,

So glad to hear you have good news!

Congratulations!

Karen G