Monday, December 1, 2008

Real Disney Magic

This past February we made reservations to be in DisneyWorld this week. We have been Disney Vacation club members for over 10 years now and love visiting in May for the Epcot Flower Show and again in December to see all the Christmas decorations and hear the Candlelight Processional. Gary Sinise has been my favorite Christmas story narrator so far- but I digress.

I knew when I got up on Saturday morning that I was not strong enough to make the two day trip by car to Florida. ( We would have left this morning.) Now, believe me I am getting stronger every day but the thirty minute drive on Thanksgiving Day in the car was not fun for me so I knew 20 hours was not going to work. We had already discussed renting a wheelchair so I could get around the Parks.

So on Saturday, we called Member Services at the Disney Vacation Club and spoke to Brandy. We explained that I had surgery on the 13th and was not strong enough to make the trip. First, we tried to postpone the trip a week or two (figuring I would feel better ) but there were no rooms available in any of the Vacation Club villas or Disney Hotels. She offered us a week in January but I told her I wasn't sure of my chemo schedule so I couldn't book that yet. We were ready to put our points in an Interval International account to book a trip outside Disney for some time next year or sadly lose them all together. Brandy asked me to hold on. When she came back on she told me - "Well since you had surgery we understand that your cancellation is not something that you really want to do and is beyond your control so we will allow you to use these points next year so you can come back to visit us again" Well at this point I am in tears and wishing I could give her a hug through the phone. She also told me to be sure to ask for her next time we make reservations because she wants to see how I am feeling.
As corny as it might sound that small action on her part is really the Magic of Disney.

Thanks Brandy. I look forward to next year's trip. And I will be sure to ask for you when I call.

And on Wednesday night,when we were scheduled to attend the Candlelight Processional, I will listen to the Processional CD we purchased a few years ago and think about next year's trip.

LIVESTRONG,

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing.

No comments: