Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A year of Blogging

Yesterday marked one year of writing this blog. I am amazed at all that happened in 2008.
At Terry's suggestion, here are some highlights.

Jan- I became a board member of the Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation
Feb - Visited Woodloch Pines with the Lapchaks
March - Terry's shower and a visit to Columbia, South Carolina.
April - Trip to DisneyWorld for the Epcot Flower Show.
May- This was a big month. On the 10th of May , Mathew graduated with honors from Virginia Tech and was accepted there for grad school and Theresa received her graduate degree in Applied Math from the University of South Carolina. On May 24th Theresa married Andrew in a wonderful ceremony.
June - Traveled across country to move Theresa to El Paso Texas. Missed the award ceremony for the Spirit of Courage Award (a beautiful glass lighthouse) I received from the Wellness Community of Central NJ.
July - Cruised to Bermuda with the Pics and Slics. Attended the LiveStrong Summit in Columbus Ohio and got to meet so many more fabulous survivors.
August - Was a member of Team One Reason and raised almost $1000 for the LiveStrong Challenge in Philly,
Sept - Appeared on Godd Day Street Talk (Fox News) to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer. Turned Edison, Woodbridge and CINJ teal for Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Took a trip to Lawton Oklahoma to visit Andy and Terry.
Oct- Spent a few days in Asheville NC and visited the palatial Biltmore Estate.
Nov- Ok, this month s**ks in my book. I was diagnosed with a recurrence of Ovarian Cancer and had surgery to remove my spleen and resection my liver.
Dec - Kona, my 13 year old pug, passed on the 8th.( I still miss him.) Enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with all my children and friends.

Overall a pretty fantastic year with the support and love of my family and friends.

I hope 2009 brings happiness and good health to all I know.

Livestrong
Dee
Every Day is a Blessing

1 comment:

OvarianCancerandUs said...

And best wishes Dee to you as well. May 2009 bring much better health and I am looking forward to your second year of blogging!
Sandi P.