Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The past week and what lies ahead

I have been spending the last week or so getting stronger and working on my Christmas crafts. I am walking more( when it isn't snowing) and have made occasional short trips out to church and to eat and one run to Kohls and Michaels ( for more craft stuff). Since I couldn't get out much, I did lots of online shopping. So the UPS lady stops here almost daily to drop off packages.

Next Monday I will have my pre-chemo CT scan. Yup, we need to get a baseline before we start even though after my surgery there was NO visible disease. I see my gyn -onc at CINJ on the 29th for an exam and on Tuesday Jan 6th, 2009 I will start chemo. I am going with the Carbo / taxol duo. Since I am over 2 years out of treatment I will give those another try. I look forward to a similar response and remission time as I had when I was first diagnosed. My friend asked yesterday if I was sad about starting chemo again. Honestly it is not something that I am looking forward too but I am willing to suffer the lost hair , pain in my legs and neuropathy to insure that all the disease is gone. I 've got way too much traveling to do in 2009- Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Alaska.

I can't wait for my children to get home this weekend! I loved yesterday's snow.

LIVESTRONG

Dee

Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: