Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Planning My SGO 2022 Meeting Posts, Observations and Thank you's


 

I am back from my first ever, in-person SGO 2022 Annual Meeting. This meeting was solely gynecologic cancer research but covered a range of topics - from mouse studies to the use of FDA approved drugs , from disparities in treatment of endometrial cancer to the impact of  packaging's impact on financial toxicity. And in my opinion each and every study was valuable. I will report on these topics over the next few days.

Rare Gyn Cancers
Disparities and Equity Research Across Gyn Cancers 
Ovarian Cancer
Endometrial Cancer 
Cervical Cancer
 
Making connections and reconnecting at meetings is an important part of the in-person meeting. For example,  I had a chance to chat with Dr Fiona Simpkins and Dr Sarah Adams. A few years ago, while I was on the Board of the Kaleidoscope of Hope Ovarian Cancer Foundation, these gyn oncs received grants from the Foundation. Seeing them present their research and lead sessions at a national meeting made me smile. To all the foundations raising funds to support ovarian cancer research,  your grants are making a significant difference in the careers of the scientists you support. Please continue your support.

I would like to thank Annie Ellis, survivor and advocate extraordinaire, for her guidance about attending the meeting in person and for gathering advocates and patients attending the meeting so that we could network with each other. I also want to thank the SGO President, Dr Yamada and Meeting Chairs, Dr Adams ( yes the same Dr Adams supported by the KOH grant)  and Dr Nickles Fader for the outstanding meeting and for including patients / advocates on panels.  And finally thank you to each and every gyn cancer researcher, fellow and resident for the work you do.

Stay tuned for my meeting blog posts. 
 
Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! 

No comments: