Friday, March 11, 2022

Building Bridges, Breaking Barriers - SGO Annual Meeting

740.jpg

 

For the first time in over two years, I will be attending an in-person conference as a patient advocate next week. I am excited to be attending the  SGO Annual Meeting which will be a hybrid meeting in Phoenix Arizona, March 18th to the 21st. The theme Building Bridges, Breaking Barriers is reflected in the topics of the scheduled master classes, wellness curriculum, plenary sessions, forums and poster sessions. You may learn more about the meeting at  https://www.sgo.org/events/annual-meeting/.  Cancer survivors and patient advocates who would like to attend the meeting should reach out to meetings@sgo.org for registration information.

My top picks for sessions to attend include:

Breaking Barriers: Towards Greater Equity in Gyn Oncology Care
Breaking Barriers: Pioneering Protocols and Scientific Progress
Building the Bridge Between Bench and Beside/ Inequities During the Pandemic and Beyond 
Novel Therapeutics
Palliative Care: Difficult Diagnosis
Industry Sponsored Session-  Managing Ovarian Cancer

The Presidential Address by Diane Yamada, MD,  the Conversation with SGO Past Presidents as well as the invited Guest Speaker Martin Makary, MD, MPH will be must see sessions for me too.
 
My plan is to tweet live using the hashtag #SGOmtg and #gyncsm. I'll follow up after the meeting with a few posts on this blog.

I am look forward to meeting with other gynecologic cancer advocates at the meeting. Are you attending in-person or virtually? If you are, let me know by commenting below, tagging me in a  tweet ( @womenofteal) or email me. 

Dee 
Every Day is a Blessing! 


No comments: