Monday, September 14, 2015

Organizations Finding Ways to Make a Difference

When I was first diagnosed I didn't know that there were ovarian cancer organizations raising awareness and funds for research.  When I finished chemotherapy in 2006 I knew I wanted to get involved so I asked my gynecologic oncologist about organizations. She told me about Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation and NOCC. I reached out by phone and joined those organizations.

If you want to help here is a list of organizations in NJ.

GRACEful Hope
Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation
Janice Lopez Ovarian Cancer Foundation 
Mary Mazanec Ovarian Cancer Foundation
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition - New Jersey Chapter
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund - NJ events listed on their calendar
The Teal Tea Foundation
Teal Tender Hearts for Ovarian Cancer Awareness
Turn the Towns Teal 




I have volunteered with many of these organizations, attended events and personally know many of the founders / directors.  Each and every one of them has done outstanding work to either raise awareness, donate millions of dollars to research or have support women diagnosed with ovarian cancer. You can help those fighting this disease  and do it close to home.

 If you know of an organization in NJ missing from my list, please mention them in the comment section  below.Thanks.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: