Saturday, November 6, 2010

Change- Change of Seasons, Change the Time, Change in Me


One thing about life is that there will always be change. Sometimes the change is slow. Sometimes it is so quick I want to shout out- "Slow Down".

I love the fall when the leaves change, the weather changes and we change the clock. Change is ok I just like it better when I'm the one who wants to change something. Don't we all.

Cancer caused a big change in my life. I was diagnosed - BAM - my life changed in an instant. Surgery and treatment happened but changing back to being free of disease well that went pretty slowly for me. I don't think I ever changed back to normal- at least the normal I had before I was diagnosed. I felt good but still had those side effects plus I felt I looked at things differently. No not rose-colored glasses but teal colored ones. I needed to make a difference in the world of ovarian cancer.

I was at my "new normal" for two and a half years and BAM I recurred. Another change - surgery and treatment and part way through a change in treatment ( you never can tell what changes this cancer stuff will cause!)

So I have spent the past year and a half getting back to my "new,new" normal. My feet still bother me and chemo-brain has really changed my thought process. I know what I want to say but I can't find the word or use the wrong word and don't even realize it. At a meeting this week I used bulletin board when I meant billboard. Yeah , I know both are boards but still it is a bit disconcerting.

My husband and I made a few good changes this year so far. We changed to a new home which now includes a new puppy. ( The photo above was taken 3 blocks from my new home.) I'm ready for some other changes too. I'll write about those soon.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! I am blessed by family and friends that did not change but rather stayed as my rocks on the journey.




No comments: