Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Did I Really Forget?

I know this great group of women on Facebook. They are ovarian or gynecologic cancer survivors from the US, UK and Canada. We share a lot with each other and not just about this crazy cancer journey.

This morning when I checked in with the group, one of the ladies was saying how she had blood work done and has to wait till Nov 27th for the results. I thought to myself " Wow that's a long time to wait." I even commented on the page how I hate having to wait for test results. And then it dawned on me that I never got my CA-125 result when I had my port flush done in October. I can't believe that I actually forgot to call and get the result. And the other amazing thing is that I haven't worry about it either.

I got off the computer , called the nurse help line at my cancer center and left a message telling them that it was not am emergency but asked for them to call back my cell with the results. Sure enough a short time later the nurse called and said my CA-125 was 11.0. GREAT! My results have been between 10.2 and 11.8 since last August so I am really happy with the 11.0. Well within the range of error for the test.

I'm still amazed that I made it almost a month without needing those results. I think life has just been too darn interesting to worry about what my test results are. Now I get to wait until December for my doctor visit for the next official "All Clear!".


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing ! I am blessed by my Facebook survivors group and hope one day to actually meet the UK contingent in person.

4 comments:

Sami said...

Congratulations, Dee!

OCWarrior1026 said...

Dee, that's wonderful! I'm soooo excited for you! You're always so sweet to me on my blog. Reading positive news for you made my day. :-)

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the forgetting :)

What a way to show that 'cancer does not have you'.
:)

Dee said...

Thanks everyone.