Saturday, August 8, 2009

So how far is it from NJ to Kentucky?


So what do you think about that billboard? That folks is my niece. I am so proud of her. Last month she, her husband Kev and dog McCoy and cat Cheeta moved from NJ to Kentucky. This is how they welcome new doctors into the area. Nice isn't it? They are so lucky to have her.

I'm a bit sad that they are no longer in the area. Alycia is my niece and godchild. Her husband Kevin, a cancer survivor and I went to the LiveStrong Summit last year in Ohio and we all walked the Philly Challenge 2 years in a row.

I relied on them so much during this last surgery and chemo go-round. Alycia and Kev took turns checking up on me. If it wasn't Alycia calling on her way home from work , Kev was calling on the days he wasn't working as a paramedic flying in the Atlantic Health medivac Helicopter. The day I had my carbo reaction Nick had a cough and fever. They drove to the hospital, brought me a snack and stayed with me until they moved me out of the ER and got me settled in a room. They answered so many questions for me about heart catheterizations and blood counts and taxol side effects.

Don't get me wrong I am very happy that they found a good job and great house in Kentucky. I just wish it wasn't 696 miles from here!

Livestrong
Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Aw, I bet you miss them a lot! Thinking of you!