Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Days of ASCO - Connections

In addition to being a medical conference where new research results and discussions take place,  the ASCO Annual Meeting is a great place to make connections with oncologists, researchers and advocates. I was able to rekindle friendships with advocates I met at the 2006 LiveSTRONG Survivors Summit and Stanford MedX 2014 and meet in real life folks I have been following on Twitter.

I stopped to say hello to Sarah from CHN. I volunteer with CHN.
I ran into one of my former RCINJ pharmacists in the Oncology Professionals Hall. 
I got to spend time with the #gyncsm Health Care Moderators, Drs Markham, Westin and Boulay at the ASCO Tweet-Up 
@corrie_painter and @womenofteal meet in person for the first time at the ASCO Tweet Up



#bcsm friends ( @stales, @DrAttai) and @SheWithLynch

@AliveAndKicknDD, @coffeemommy, @trwoodhull

So pleased I got to meet Lucy Kalanithi.(far right)  She spoke during the ASCO Book Club session about her husband, Dr Paul Kalanithi's book, When Breathe Becomes Air       







As I finish this last ASCO post I feel honored to have spent time with these amazing advocates, oncologists , physicians and researchers. I want to thank Conquer Cancer Foundation for supporting my scholarship to attend. 

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: