Friday, January 1, 2016

Here We Come 2016

I had a wonderful 2015. I attended my son's wedding, raised over $3000 for ovarian cancer research at Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, and walked a 5K at Disneyland with my daughter to celebrate my 10th cancerversary .


I spent lots of fun times with family and friends. But there were some more challenging times too. My husband had some health issues and a surgery and I dealt with a knee injury, neuropathy and chemobrain. I also said farewell to three women who I met through an ovarian cancer support group and the Graceful Hope Foundation - Jeanne, Linda and Corinne. I know this sounds corny but I do feel blessed to have lived another year. 

For the past few years my first post of the new year includes a list my aspirations for the coming year. Resolutions are so 2010. I looked back at the aspirations I made at the beginning of this year. It seems like most of the things I looked forward to doing last year (in italics) are what I still want to do this year so I'll repost the list and add some new items.
  • Continue to visit my children and grandchildren(Visiting my grandsons will be more difficult after they move overseas in May.)   
  • Visit India
  • Continue to advocate for ovarian cancer patients and research through this blog and the #gyncsm community
  • Learn more about non-profit management and social media 
  • Apply to attend the Biennial Survivorship conference and ASCO annual meeting
  • Help my dog, Amber, achieve her Excellent title in Standard Agility ( Amber did get her AKC Excellent title in Jumps with Weaves)  
  • Register Amber for UKI agility
  • Continue to increase my physical activity and flexibility so that I can be a better dog handler and improve my health
  • Continue to paint (Would love to try my hand at trompe l'oeil and pieces of furniture)
  • Visit the state of Maine
  • Take an online course - maybe art history, public health or theology
I hope the year ahead is filled with lots of adventure and few doctor visits for all.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!




No comments: