Monday, January 27, 2014

The Friends You Make

I am a member of a private group on Facebook. We from the US and the United Kingdom and are ovarian cancer survivors.

Kim lived close to me in Delaware. Over the past 3+ years we became friends. Kim was a special lady.  When another woman in the group, L,  had problems getting insurance in her state Kim wrote a letter to the governor on her behalf. She spearheaded an effort to help L's daughters when she passed. She was always ready to offer support in any way she could. She gave me her list of favorite Bible quotes. Those that gave her strength and hope. Over time I learned she loved wrestling. I watch it with my husband on Monday nights. I remember a series of posts back and forth on Facebook about the wrestler Fandango in the WWE. She made me laugh.

This morning on Facebook I read that Kim succumbed to the disease. Although we had never met in person I felt the same way I did when I learned friends from my support group had passed.  The disease caused our paths to cross online and we became friends. My one regret. That I never got a chance to give her a hug in person.

Rest in Peace my friend.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! I am blessed to have had Kim in my life.

2 comments:

tccomments2013 said...

dear dee,

I am so very sorry for your loss of your dear friend, kim. thank you for sharing the story of your friendship and reminding all of us that even people we've never met in person can impact our lives in such meaningful ways - and that they are such a special gift. I wish you comfort and peace as you grieve kim's death.

much love and light,

Karen

Dee said...

Thanks you Karen.