Friday, August 17, 2012

Four Years as a CHN Volunteer

I've been away the past few days moving my son and his dog into his new apartment . He began graduate school for a PhD in History yesterday. I am so proud of him yet sad he is 900 miles from home. So I was a bit sad this morning missing him as I tidied up his room and bathroom until a card came in the mail.

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. 
                                -Sir James M Barrie

That was the saying on the front of a card I received from the Cancer Hope Network. Inside the card were these anniversary wishes.
You do indeed bring sunshine into our lives and those with whom you speak.
You are truly inspirational !

Reading that made me smile. It turns out I have been a volunteer talking to women throughout the country for four years now. It hasn't seemed that long. I have enjoyed talking to others diagnosed with ovarian cancer or about participating in a clinical trial. I hope these survivors learn about the disease and feel hopefully after speaking to me.

If you are newly diagnosed with any cancer or a caregiver for someone diagnosed with cancer you may call( 1-800-552-4366 )  or visit the Cancer Hope Network website online  to be matched with a survivor. I'm glad that 7 years ago I reached out to this wonderful organization.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!


No comments: