Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Second Painting in my Life Quilt Series- Courage

I completed the first painting in the series I call Life Quilts last year. The series combines quilt square designs with cancer awareness colors and ribbons. The first painting is called Hope and uses teal, the ovarian cancer awareness color. I wrote about it here . I will be using that painting in a future fundraising campaign for the Cancer Institute of New Jersey . More details about that campaign tomorrow. Please check back.

Yesterday, I finished the second in the painting series. This one is called Courage and incorporates pink the color for breast cancer awareness.


I painted Courage in honor of my sister ,Roberta and also 5 friends recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Roberta faced her cancer diagnosis and treatment with Courage and she showed me the path to follow. Thank you , Bert.



Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!



No comments: