Monday, August 22, 2011

High Five plus 1

As many of you know, last year I participated in the High Speed Chase for the Cure to celebrate my 5th cancerversary. I wrote about it on this blog in July and September. I walked to honor my doctors whose excellent care has helped me fight Ovarian Cancer twice.The High Speed Chase raises funds for the Cancer Institute of New Jersey through the CINJ Foundation. It takes place on the Livingston Campus of Rutgers University.

Recently, I received an e-mail from the Foundation which said" Due to a major construction project on Livingston Campus, we are not able to host the event this year, but hope you will still wish to support the patient programs and research at CINJ that this event has funded for the past 8 years."

Instead this year the High Speed Chase for the Cure is going virtual. I've decided that once again, I want to honor the doctors & nurses who have been my "lifesavers" for six years. Funds raised are used for patient programs like the Gynecologic Cancer Support Group which attend and for cancer research.

I've formed a team called "High Five Plus 1"and will be raising funds virtually. But I also plan on walking through downtown Hightstown and around Peddie Lake on Sunday, September 18th . I'll be leaving my house around 9am. (Please note that I will postpone this walk if Baby G arrives early.) If you want to walk with me on the 18th sign up to be on my team by going to the High Five plus 1 team page.

If you can't join me on the 18th, please consider donating here to help me reach my fundraising goal. Thanks for helping me help further Ovarian Cancer research.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!


No comments: