Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Friend's Hobby and Mine

My friend S has been sewing quilts for years. This past winter S was telling me about working on a quilt for her grandchild. She showed me some of the pieces she was creating. They were beautiful, a marvelous combination of colors and patterns.

When I was at the local library a book of quilt patterns was for sale.I decided to buy it for S. At home I skimmed though the book and found a pattern called the Martha Washington Star Block. Now I admit I am not a great sewer but I since my diagnosis I love to paint. So I thought how about painting a Life Quilt piece. So I started sketching different ideas in the pattern of the star. I tried showing places I lived, places I visited, my RU Scarlet knight connection, my interests and then sketched one related to my cancer diagnosis. It took me a few months but I finally finished my Life Quilt piece which I call "Hope" in teal of course!



Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: