Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Catching up


The last few weeks have been very hectic. Sorry for not updating more frequently.

We went to Disney World with our good friends, Linda and Vinnie. The weather was very cool, reaching a low of 32 degrees Fahrenheit one night. I think it was warmer in Maine than it was in Florida. But the weather did not stop us from seeing the Parks. We bundled up like we were going to a football game to watch the moving performance of the Candlelight Processional narrated by Susan Lucci. The light spectacular at Disney Hollywood Studios was well worth braving the chilly weather to see. There was no swimming - even in the heated pool - which was right outside our door.

It is always good when we get a chance to stop in Virginia to see Matt. While there we found the vendor we purchased a small wooden deer from a few years ago. So we decided to purchase another deer - this one a bit taller . Both deer look great on our front lawn.

We finished puppy kindergarten classes at Golden Grange Kennels. We missed one class but Amber got to practice a bit while we were away since we boarded her with Joe at Golden Grange. Amber did very well with the first basic set of commands - look, sit ,down,stay ,come . We still need to work on Leave-it. Amber seems to love picking up everything in her mouth.

I've missed the November Girl's Night Out so I was really looking forward to getting together with my girl friends for December. We all had children in the same class at St Francis School and have been getting together monthly for years. This year we shared a Christmas meal at Nancy's home. It was wonderful and really is what the Season is all about.

I had my gyn-onc visit and port flush last week. The flush went well and the doctor visit even better. I am good for another three months. Hurrah! A great holiday gift.

I am thrilled that Matt is home for Christmas. I really enjoyed having a few of Matt's Tech friends spent a few days with us.

The rest of the time I have been decorating the house inside and out, writing out Christmas cards, shopping for myself, making my visits to see Aunt Dora, calls for Cancer Hope Network and began working with a committee at CINJ on Survivors Day 2011 in June.

Lastly, I have been winding down my term on the Board of the Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation. It is one of the best Ovarian Cancer organizations in NJ and supports cutting edge research. I will still advocate for Ovarian Cancer Survivors but will not be involved in the day-to-day activities of the foundation.

That about sums it up. On to cookie baking and gift wrapping and the real Reason for the Season.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: