Thursday, October 21, 2010

Women of Teal and a Tough Choice


People diagnosed with cancer make many tough decisions . Deciding on a doctor, biopsy decisions, surgery decisions, treatment decisions, whether to work or not during treatment, who they tell about their diagnosis, and countless more. But the most difficult of all is the decision faced when there are no decisions left to make. In the past two weeks , two friends have made the decision to enter hospice.

CJ lives in California . I have been following her blog for years and we have kept in touch through her blog and other social networks. Her blog, Shopping Kharma, is difficult at times to read but she tells it like it is in. She is one tough lady who continues to fight.
In September this year I wrote a blog entry about my friend Courtney. She does not fit into the age bracket of a woman diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I think we hit it off so well when we first met in Austin in 2006 was because she reminded me of my daughter ( who is the same age as Courtney ) and her friends. She too is now in hospice in Ohio. Courtney has truly lived stong these past five years. Those of you who know Courtney from any of the LiveSTRONG Summits please share a memory of a fun time ( like the night at the Zoo ) with Courtney on Facebook at Courts Page.

I wish I was closer so I could give my two friends a hug.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: