Sunday, August 29, 2010

We Survivors are "Companions on a Journey"

What a beautiful Sunday !
The closing hymn at mass this morning was by Carey Landry, Companions on the Journey.( Lyrics located online at Seasons of the Spirit. ) I listened closely to the words and on the way back to Theresa's house I thought about the connections I have to other women who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

"We are companions on the journey,
breaking bread and sharing life;
and in the love we bear is the hope we share "
We survivors share a hope.

"We have been gifted with each other,"
I know it sounds corny but every one of the women I have met have been a gift in my life. I celebrate as friends get good news and cry with others when the news is not what they expect.

"We will seek and we shall find"
Online and in support groups we seek the help of other survivors and social workers and they are there for us.

"to walk side by side with hope in our hearts, "
We do walk side by side with each other.





Yesterday, when we were out ,we passed an electronic billboard on Rt 70 advertising the Vicki Welsh Fund 6th Annual Whisper Walk for Ovarian Cancer to be held September 26th in Kansas City, Missouri. It was great seeing awareness being raised all over the US. And here I was 1000 miles from home and yet I felt a connection to all the women in Missouri and Kansas who are companions on this cancer journey with me.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! And I "believe in the love of our God".

No comments: