Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Looking Forward to the Avon Kaleidoscope of Hope Walk

Saturday is the last Kaleidoscope of Hope Walk. It will be held on the Boardwalk in Avon, NJ. What better place than the shore to spend a Fall morning. I will be helping out with registration again this year and will also get a chance to walk. The past two years I had to leave after registration was done to attend a home RU football game. Those were busy Saturdays.

I'm really looking forward to this year's walk because my husband, cousins and friends will be walking as part of the team Carmella's Kids. Carmella, my cousin, also had cancer. It means so much to me that they honor their mother and support me.

You can still register or donate at www.kohnj.org . Choose the Avon link.

I will also get a chance to see MA again. I met MA in person for the first time today at the Wellness Community Central Jersey's "Patient Guide to Ovarian Cancer "program. My gyn-onc, Dr. Darlene Gibbon, CINJ, answered questions about ovarian cancer from the latest treatments to clinical trials. MA and I met on facebook as members of a group exclusively for ovarian cancer survivors.

LiveSTRONG

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! Today I am blessed to have such supportive cousins and friends and to have met MA in person.

No comments: