Saturday, September 26, 2009

KOH Avon Walk with "Carmella's Kids"




These are Carmella's kids- my cousins, my husband and two close family friends. We all got together this morning to participate in the last Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation Walk on the boardwalk in Avon, NJ. The walk raises funds for cutting-edge ovarian cancer research.

I got there early to help register people for the walk. This is my third year helping with registration so things were hectic, with lots of people still registering in person even though we have online registration, but it went smoothly. When I was done I joined my cousins on the walk. I walked around a mile and a half. Many of my cousins walked 5 miles. Hurrah for Erica,John,Jack, Brit, Fred, Chelsea, Morgan and Ali. After the walk we all went to Vic's in Bradley Beach for lunch. Now that is great thin crust pizza! As we walked out of Vic's I met a women who had done the walk and had put up teal ribbons in Metuchen. We had only e-mailed so it was nice to put a face to a name.

All I can say is that I am truly blessed to have my husband , cousins, as well as Marylou and Agnes (two very compassionate nurses and close friends) in my life. They really help me to LiveSTRONG.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing. I was really blessed today by cousins and friends.

No comments: