Thursday, June 25, 2009

PARP inhibitor - NIH Phase I trial

I received this info from OCNA for women who have BRACA1 or 2 mutations.

"Ovarian cancer physicians are excited about the potential of this new class of agents in their use for breast and ovarian cancer of mutation carriers and hope that they will have potential for women with sporadic ovarian cancers as well. Dr. Elise Kohn and her colleagues at the National Cancer Institute have an ongoing phase I study using olaparib (AZD2281) in combination with carboplatin recruiting mutation carriers with breast and/or ovarian cancer (contact: 1-888-624-1937). "

I met Dr. Kohn last year and her Ovarian Cancer research is very exciting.

LiveSTRONG

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

At any rate, I liked some of the scientist cartoons on VADLO search engine!