Sunday, November 23, 2008

Missing Out On all The Fun Things

I have been busy resting in the hopes of getting my strength back quickly. Over the past few days I find that I can move around a bit better, have been able to find more comfortable positions to sleep in ( boy, it helps to get a full night's sleep) and have been able to eat a little bit more each day too. All the phone calls, e-mails, cards and gifts that family and friends have sent my way, as well as Nick's great cooking, have also made things easier.

I really shouldn't complain but there is a tough part of all this recovery time. Since finishing my chemo in 2006 I have gotten back into the routine of pretty much doing everything I like to do. Now I am back in the "missing out on all the fun things" time again.

Yesterday, I missed the Rutgers - Army game. Ok, it was cold and I might not have lasted the entire game in the 25 degree temperatures but I would have given it a shot. It seems that RU may be bowl eligible again this year. I missed the first bowl in Arizona in 2005 when I was in chemo and am pretty sure if I start my chemo before Christmas I won't make a bowl game this year if they are invited. The two bowls that I did go to - Texas Bowl in Houton and International Bowl in Toronto- were lots of fun. We have a terrific tailgating group and traveling with them makes these bowl games so much fun.

At 1 pm today our friend's granddaughter Emily was baptized. Nick went to the baptism at St Matthew's and then to the small party after. Since I am still moving slowly and don't last more than an hour or two before I need a nap, I decided it best to stay home. So here I am writing this post , listening to my doggy snore and staying warm.

Over the next few weeks I will have time to readjust to having my schedule controlled by my doctors but when I think about it , it is a small price to pay for my health.

LIVESTRONG

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: