Monday, September 15, 2008

Morris KOH Walk a Success!

Yesterday morning I drove up to Morristown to participate in the Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation's 9th Annual Walkathon in honor of Gail MacNeil, one of our founders who lost her 10 year battle with the disease.

It was foggy and overcast when I got there but by the time the walk started I needed my KOH cap because the sun was shining and the temperatures were rising.

I walked the three mile course with a fellow board member Maureen in 1 hour and 2 minutes. The most amazing part was seeing all the yellow shirts that read "Gail's Team". Gail was certainly smiling down at us yesterday. I was also impressed with the over 40 members of the Randoph girls soccer team that walked the course and all the teams and indivuals walking in memory of or support of their wife, mother, sister, friend.

We raised an awesome $70,000.

Thanks to Gerri, Karen and Janet for a wonderful event!

There are two more walks - Lyndhurst Sept 21st and Avon Sept 27th. You can register online now for both these walks. I am working registration at the Avon walk so if you are there stop by and say hi!

LIVESTRONG
Dee

Every Day is a Blessing.

No comments: