Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Fun Trip to Oklahoma



I recently returned from a fun trip to Oklahoma to visit my daughter and her husband.

The flight from Dallas to Lawton was interesting since it is the first time I have ever flown on a American Eagle ( Audi made) propeller plane. It was not as rough as I thought it would be. And I did not feel as claustrophobic as I imagined I would feel when I read that there were only 12 rows on the plane. But we landed safely at the Lawton / Fort Sill Airport, a very small - 1 gate - walk down the steps off the plane type of airport.

While in OK we got a chance to visit the Wichita Mountains, the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge, Old Fort Sill and the Apache cemetery which is where Geronimo as well as some of his wives and children are buried. There was beautiful countryside outside of Lawton . There were buffalo ( the black dot on the left photo) and pretty lakes and wildflowers. I kept imagining that the Lone Ranger would come riding over the hill. Good thing we didn't see any rattlesnakes.

By visiting Oklahoma, I was able to get closer to my goal of visiting all 50 states. I am more than half way there- only 19 more to go.

Of course the best part of the trip was spending time with Terry, Andy and their new puppy, Silvio. What a blast we had. I was a bit sad when Terry dropped us off at the airport. I really did try not to cry. Good thing they will be back east in October.

LIVESTRONG

Dee
Every Day is A Blessing!

1 comment:

Obsessedwithlife said...

I also am trying to go to all 50 states! How fun!!

Rach