Monday, March 3, 2008

Two Years

A lot can happen in two years.

I am happy to say that it is two years since my last chemotherapy treatment. I had 9 cycles in a Clinical trial that used Selenium along with carboplatin and taxol. There was one spot on my liver that was still of concern . But after a PET scan showed it did not exhibit any activity I was told I did not need anymore chemo. It hasn't always been easy , this journey back to my new normal but it has been interesting!

I went to DisneyWorld with my husband a month after chemo finished.
I attended my niece's wedding without a wig or scarf two months after chemo finished.
I attended the Lance Armstrong Foundation Survivors Summit in Austin , Tx 7 months later.
I attended the Houston Bowl in December 2006 and cheered Rutgers on to victory.
I visited my son in Switzerland as he spent part of his junior year abroad, April 2007.
I grieved with the other Hokie Parents on April 16th.
I attended the Lance Armstrong Foundation LiveStrong Day in DC in May 2007.
I celebrated my daughter's engagement to a fabulous young man in June 2007.
I visited Ocean Isle Beach, NC with friends in August.
I joined my niece's husband and her friend and we walked for Team - 3 Beat CA in Philly 8/2007.
I attended another Rutgers Bowl game, this time in Toronto Canada. I saw Ray Run!
I gave a workshop on Advocacy at the Wellness Community of Central NJ in January 2008.
I was asked to be on the Board of Directors of the Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation, Jan 2008.
I worried as my mother-in-law had pacemaker surgery.
I met some totally awesome survivors in my CINJ and Wellness Community Support Groups and on the ACOR list.
And as Lee Womack's song gives a choice - well , I've danced for 2 years. And with NED (no evidence of disease) no less.

I can't wait to dance for the next 2 or 5 or 10 years!

Hope you all LiveStrong!
Dee

No comments: