Sunday, March 19, 2023

SGO Meeting Preparations

 

 

Thanks to support from my Cancer Center, I am heading south to Tampa for the SGO Annual Meeting on Friday. The theme of the meeting is Patients | Purpose | Progress. I'm so excited to be meet up with other survivors/advocates and to learn from the researchers who are making advances to improve the care of patients diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer. 

When I arrive on Friday, barring any airline delays, I hope to attend at least part of the Patients and Advocates Education Forum and Luncheon. I have attended them in the past and have always found them beneficial. This is the first once to be held in person since Covid began. 

Saturday, March 25th, will be an especially busy day for me. 

As a member of the SGO Communications Committee I will be part of a presentation on Saturday ( 2:45pm Ballroom A) . This Education Forum, Ready for Primetime: Media Readiness will present strategies of how to best respond and state your position when asked questions by the media.  

Following the Forum, the Scientific Plenary II session (East Hall, 4pm) will take place.  Survivor/advocate, Annie Ellis, will be presenting Long-term survivors speak: patient perspectives on progress, an abstract she and I co-authored. I will share more about the abstract after the meeting.

There are a number of other sessions I am looking forward to attending and am busy working on the app to set up my schedule and work in some time to meet up with some of my gyn onc friends. 

On Twitter,  be sure to follow the hashtags #SGOmtg and #gyncsm for news from the meeting. 

I'll be posting highlights here once the meeting concludes.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! 



No comments: