Sunday, January 2, 2022

A spark...


 

We made it through 2021!  

Every year in January I write a post about aspirations. In last year's (Uncharted Waters ) post I was unsure of what the year and the Covid Pandemic would bring our way. While waiting for the vaccine,  I aspired to travel to Maine, finally visit family and friends I hadn't seen since 2019, work with my dog, create more art and continue to advocate for cancer research. In 2021, I put off that trip to Maine but continued my advocacy work by attending conferences virtually.  I did have two vaccine shots and a booster which made me more comfortable going out with my mask on.

As we begin 2022, we sit in the middle of the Omicron variant spike. So once again we are a bit unsettled as to how meetings and travel will be affected this year. But I am hopeful to do some in-person conferences. 

As for other things - I aspire to paint and sketch more. My Christmas present this year was a drawing desk. I am thrilled to have a dedicated place to work . 


Above the desk now hangs a print of the Disney character Figment. Figment in the Disney World Ride "Journey into Imagination" uses his senses and imagination to do all sorts of things. 


The Ride theme song " One Little Spark" lyrics start off-

One little spark, of inspiration
Is at the heart, of all creation
Right at the start, of everything that's new
One little spark, lights up for you

I hope this print sparks me to look at details and helps me create anew.

Now on to 2022 with all its potential!

Dee

Every Day is a Blessing!


No comments: