Sunday, August 11, 2019

Blog Hop Challenge

A cancer advocate I admire, Nancy Stordahl, writes the blog Nancy's Point about breast cancer and loss. Every summer she holds a blog challenge. This year it is a blog hop challenge.

From Linky Tools : "What is a blog hop?
A blog hop is a linky list that is SHARED ON MULTIPLE BLOGS. When several blogs put the same linky list code on their blog, the exact same list appears on each blog. Blog readers see the same list on each blog, and can "HOP" from blog to blog seeing the same list of links to follow: BLOG HOP!"


 I am up for the challenge so here goes:

2019 Blog Hop Challenge Questions
1.  Who are you? If applicable, share anything you want about your cancer (type, stage, when diagnosed, whatever.) Share something about yourself such as where you live, the name of your blog and it’s “mission” (no links here, though, or you might end up in spam), a challenge you have faced or are facing now, or whatever you want.
I am an ovarian cancer survivor and research advocate. I have been writing this blog since 2007 not as frequently as I did in the beginning but I try my best to stay on top of new research developments and share them and other news with my followers. I love dogs and painting.   

2.  Have you ever participated in a blog hop before?
Nope, first timer. 

3.  What’s your favorite sort of blog post to write and/or read – personal story, informational, how to, controversial, political, opinion, rant or other?
I like to read personal stories and informational blogs especially about new research like CAR-T and new screening tests.

4.  Describe yourself in three words. Yes, just three!
organized, kind, resilient 

5.  Name three of your favorite books from your youth (whatever age that means to you.) that had an impact on you.
Cheaper by the Dozen, Call of the Wild, Island of the Blue Dolphins 


6.  What are you reading right now, or what’s on your to-read list for when you have time?
 Memory Man BaldacciI have about 20 books on my to read list on Goodreads.

7.  What’s your favorite dessert of all time?
Cannoli 


8.  Tell us about a special pet you have, had, or would like to have. (Never wanted a pet, that’s okay too.)
Amber,  an awesome All-American dog . She loves to jump and do agility.

 9.  What’s something people don’t know about you and might be surprised to learn?
 I wanted to be an astronaut when I was in high school.  

10.  Do you believe healthcare is a privilege or a right?
Most certainly it is a Right.

11.  What’s your favorite thing about blogging and/or reading blogs?
Being able to share information about cancer and the emotions I have experienced as an ovarian cancer survivor.

12.  What’s something you really suck at?
card games

13.  What’s something you’re pretty good at?
baking

14.  How do you escape from cancer (or life in general) worries?
Reading, painting landscapes and animals, spending time with my family and dog.


Thanks for reading!

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing







3 comments:

Julia Barnickle said...

Nice to meet you, Dee. I don't think I've ever tried Cannoli - I just looked them up on Google, and they sound yummy!!

Nancy's Point said...

Hi Dee,

It's great you decided to join in on this blog hop experiment. It's fun to hop around to other blogs on the list and learn some things about the bloggers behind their blogs.

I love how you escape via painting. I am envious of those who can paint, draw (and sing). I'm glad you shared those examples of your fine artwork. That is a fabulous photo of Amber - such an intriguing blend of sunlight, shadows, snow and of course your sweet pup. I'm very impressed that you participate in all that agility stuff. My daughter does some of that with her weim. Must be another nice outlet for you. And for Amber too.

Thanks so much for participating and for your kind words. I admire you, Dee, for your steadfastness in advocating for those with ovarian cancer. Above all, thank you for that. Onward, right? x

Abigail Johnston said...

So nice to get to know you, Dee! Your artwork is amazing. Love and light to you.