Wednesday, November 21, 2018

With Gratitude


The Conquer Cancer Foundation recently shared a Gratitude Calendar which has become the basis of this post.

Send a note to someone you appreciate telling them why:
I am writing to let all of my followers know how much I appreciate the time you take throughout the year to read and share my blog.

Who inspires you: 
I was inspired by two of the founders of the KOH Ovarian Cancer Foundation  - Gail MacNeil and Lois Myers. They welcomed me to the KOH family in 2006 allowing me to become an ovarian cancer advocate. Sadly both woman passed from ovarian cancer. Yet through the Foundation they founded the support of ovarian cancer research continues.

I make a difference by: 
I have the privilege of being a support volunteer for the Cancer Hope Network. I have spoken to over 50 women diagnosed with ovarian cancer from across the country. I hope that I have made a difference in the lives of these woman to the same extent that the CHN support volunteer I spoke to  on that fall day in 2005 had on me.

I am grateful for: 
My husband, children and their spouses, grandchildren, family, friends, teal sisters and
my gynecologic oncologists who have made these past 13 Thanksgivings possible.


Happy Thanksgiving!


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: