Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Another Graduation!

When telling my story on this blog, I tend to put life events in relationship to my cancer diagnosis.

I was first diagnosed right before my son, Matthew, returned to college for his sophomore year.   My husband drove him back to Virginia a few weeks after my surgery. This is one of my favorite photos from when I was in treatment. My daughter drove me to one of his crew meets. 

In the spring of 2008, I was there to see him receive his Bachelor of Arts degree. I wasn't sure back in 2005 that I would be there.

Five months after his graduation in 2008,  I had a recurrence which required another surgery and chemotherapy. Two years later in  2010,  I returned to campus to see him receive his Master of Arts degree.

 


On May 7th of this year my family celebrated once again. My son received his PhD in History. I was very emotional when I heard them say, " Doctor " as he received his hood.




It is hard to express how grateful I am to all my gyn oncs and nurses who got me to each and every graduation and to my family and friends for their unending support.  Seeing him reach his goal was amazing. And I could not be prouder. 


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!









No comments: