Friday, March 27, 2015

Family


Our family tree - a gift from my son and daughter-in-law

Last weekend was filled with joyful celebration. We traveled to Auburn, Alabama to attend my son's wedding. My husband and I were so happy to welcome a very beautiful, caring, smart and talented "daughter" into our family and we were touched by the family and friends (both ours and my daughter-in-law's) who made the trip to witness the beginning of Matt and Amanda's new life together.

In 2008, a few weeks after my surgery for a recurrence,  two very good friends gave me an  Operation Bling Foundation necklace. During the past few years I took it out often and looked at it and thought about the support my friends provided and smiled.  But it never seemed the right time to wear it. The right time was on Saturday when I was there for a milestone in  my son's life.

I know I've written this many times before on this blog but back in 2005 I did not think I would see my son graduate college, get his Master's degree or marry. But there I was sitting in the front row with my grandson on my lap watching him and his wife say their vows. Holding back tears. Feeling very blessed.


Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! Blessed to have Amanda as part of our family.


2 comments:

Catherine T. said...

Dear Dee,
I have discovered your blog this morning. I live in the Netherlands (I am French)and a son who is now 13 years old. I have been diagnosed with a recurrence of ovarian cancer just a few days ago.
My first thought went to my son. I said to my gyneco-oncologist : please give me another 6 years so that I can see him get his baccalaureat and go study... He said it was very possible.
So I read your post and was sooooo touched. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful, difficult but inspiring, story!
Kind regards,
Catherine

Dee said...

Thank you so much Catherine for your kind comment. It makes me happy to see that you could relate to what I wrote. Hearing you have a recurrence is difficult but your doctor is correct it is possible.

I hope you will let me know how you are doing.May your road ahead be one filled with hope and improved health.

Dee