Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 - A New Year Begins

Well here I am celebrating another New Year.  I am truly blessed.

Back in 2007 I had a conversation with Andy, my then future son-in-law, about his interest in the US Army Foreign Area Officers Program. He told me he could possibly move to this program in 2013. I remember thinking to myself that 2013 seemed so far off. And I really was not sure that I would be healthy or even around to share it this new stage of his career.

But here it is the first day of 2013 and guess what happens in June this year? My son-in-law, daughter and grandson will be moving to Monterey California so that Andy can begin a language course to become a member of the Foreign Area  Officer. I am thrilled for all of them.

So what will I be doing in the year ahead?
I will try to stay healthy by being active .
I will advocate for ovarian cancer research.
I will continue to work with my dog Amber as she becomes more comfortable doing agility.
I will paint and crochet more.
I will visit my daughter and family in California and my son in Alabama.
I will experience life with its' ups and down.

What are you looking forward to in the year ahead?

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing !

3 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I'm wanting to "live" this year well. I don't mean well physically, although that is surely a desire. But I want to really "live" each day well. Here's to 2013...a year of living ahead of us! Yaayy!

WhiteStone said...

I'm wanting to "live" this year well. I don't mean well physically, although that is surely a desire. But I want to really "live" each day well. Here's to 2013...a year of living ahead of us! Yaayy!

Servivorgirl said...

Dee,

Your spirit and enthusiasm do shine. I do hope that all goes great for you in 2013!

xox
Denise