Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Words

As most of you know, I have been writing this blog since December 2007. I began writing to help raise awareness of ovarian cancer by sharing my story and providing links to news, research and ovarian cancer events in New Jersey.

I can't tell you how excited I was in late December when I was notified by Becky Walker from the Navigating Cancer website that they had chosen to add my blog to their Ovarian Cancer resource page. Thanks, Becky! The great thing is that this new site is a fantastic resource for all cancer survivors. You will find many helpful forms and pages for your medical history, to track your treatments and side-effects, and to keep track of doctor visits, etc. In addition there are online Navigating Cancer communities for different cancers so that patients can share their experiences and news/ advice. If you join the ovarian cancer group be sure to send me a message and say Hello! ( I'll be placing Navigating Cancer on my resource page so you can check back at any time for the link.)

Earlier this week my friend and blog author, Allison asked if she could post my entry John Paul II and I as a guest blog on Why I Am Catholic. Of course I said "Yes" to her request to be part of such a faith-filled blog and to make people in a different community aware of what it is like to be an ovarian cancer survivor. Thanks Allison for your friendship and the opportunity to share my story.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! We are having yet another snowstorm here in NJ but I am blessed to see the beauty of the snow on the trees!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Dee: Really I appreciate your contributing your post to the YIM blog. A lot of people read your reflection - are still reading your reflection. I hope you can contribute something another time.

Blessings and I too feel blessed to witness all this beautiful snow. Stay dry.

Allison