Friday, September 17, 2010

Cancer Hope Networks New Social Networking Site - HopeNet



The Cancer Hope Network (CHN) has a new website and a new social networking site called HopeNet. "Cancer Hope Network is a not-for-profit organization that provides free and confidential one-on-one support to cancer patients and/or their family members."

HopeNet is a social network specifically for cancer patients. Anyone can join the network. YOu don't have to be from NJ. You don't have to be someone who has been involved with Cancer Hope Network in the past. As of today there are groups for lymphoma , prostate , esophageal , and head and neck cancer survivors as well as a group for young adult survivors and a caregivers group.

One of the first groups I called when I learned I has ovarian cancer in 2005 was Cancer Hope Network. I was matched with a wonderful lady - a stage III survivor of 10 years. She certainly gave me hope. So once I was able to, I applied to be a CHN Support volunteer. I spoke to women newly diagnosed with ovarian cancer from all over the country. I did that until I recurred in 2008.

So when I was asked to moderate a group for ovarian cancer survivors and their caregivers and I was happy to accept. I named the group Teal Sisters and Supporters.
It is open to ovarian cancer survivors of any stage and their caregivers, families and friends.
To join the group you will need to register to enter the site - don't worry it is very easy. Then you can click on Groups and join. Feel free to share information about your diagnosis , treatment and how you are feeling. And of course feel free to ask questions. Our discussions will be guided by our members.

I hope you can join us!

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing! Today I am blessed by the wonderful volunteers at CHN.



No comments: