Saturday, March 27, 2010

Has it really been over a week?

I realized today that I've been involved in so many other things the past week that I haven't posted to this blog.

I've spent lots of time organizing numerous drawers and closets in my house. I am also slowly going through years of accumulated things in my basement. I guess the sunny, warm weather has me with a bit of "spring fever". I was smiling yesterday though as I came across a group of photos from when we first brought home our Pug dog, Kona. He was so small. I didn't realized how small he was and how much I miss the little guy.

Most of the time I've spent on the computer has been related to my role as a Board Member of the Kaleidoscope of Hope Foundation. I've been working on some information pieces and well as a special project which I can tell you about after our Spring Gala. The Spring Gala will be held at the Westin Gov Morris on April 10, 2010. We will be awarding our research grants , and honoring "The Jersey Girls" who have organized and run our successful Avon-by-the-Sea the past three years. I help register walkers each year and have had the pleasure of working with Kathy,Janice, and Mariclaire. For more information about attending this year's Gala click here. For more info about our research grant awardees and the Gala, click here.

The last big chunk of time has been spent reading the Health Care bill on the Thomas site. I like making up my own mind about things - so instead of hearing other people talk about the bill I figured I would read it myself. If you read this blog regularly you know I like to read things related to health care like medical journals reporting the latest research related ovarian cancer. I've read 120 pages of the Bill so far so far. Want to read it too? Click on http://thomas.loc.gov/ ; click on HR 3590 in the column on the right; click on the text of legislation; and click on the link next to number 7.

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing!

No comments: