Friday, November 13, 2009

A Year Ago On The 13th

A year ago today, November 13, 2008, I was in RWJ University Hospital in surgery for a recurrence of ovarian cancer. I was back in the - what lies ahead thought mode. I didn't really know if the doctors would find additional cancer once they went in to operate on the spots that did show up on the PET scan.

The surgery was tough, I will admit, but the care I received from my CINJ doctors was wonderful. They removed all visible cancer which did include removing my spleen and part of my liver. I couldn't ask for a better outcome.

As you know, if you read this blog, I has some time off to recover from the surgery but I was not well enough to take a trip we had planned to Florida in early December. It seems cancer just takes over any plans you might have in place. That is one of the things that bother me most when I have surgery or when I am in treatment. Lack of control.

I started chemo in January , had that super reaction to the carbo after two cycles and finished up four more cycles with only taxol.

So one year later I am feeling pretty darn good. My hair is back! ;o) I still have neuropathy in my toes but I am dealing with it. I am walking again , doing exercises to improve my arm strength and enjoying spending time with the best people in the entire world my husband and my children. Their support means the world to me. My friends and family have kept me in their prayers and included Nick and I in lots of fun times too.

I am still in the what lies ahead mode but for now what lies ahead looks GREAT!

LiveSTRONG

Dee

Every Day is a Blessing! I am blessed with a wonderful family and dear friends.

No comments: