Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"We have chosen Hope over Fear"


That is just one small line from President Barack Obama's inauguration speech.


Those diagnosed with cancer choose Hope over fear throughout their journey.
They choose Hope over fear as they prepare for surgery.
They choose Hope over fear as they sit in the recliner waiting for their chemotherapy infusion to begin.
They choose Hope over fear as they lay down in preparation for their CT scans.
They choose Hope over fear as they begin radiation treatment.
They choose Hope over fear as they play games with their children.
They choose Hope over fear as they wait in their oncologists office to hear the results of their tests.
They choose Hope over fear as they have yet one more blood test.

I choose Hope over fear.
I choose Hope over fear as I get ready to shave my head. My hair falling out in clumps is just not the way I want it to be. Better to just cut it off. I've got lots of hats and scarves and will dig out that old wig. I just wish it was not winter time. Brrrrrrrr.

I have hope that it will come back in curly.


Livestrong
Dee
Every Day is a Blessing

No comments: