Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Wonderful Easter Weekend


I spent most of last week resting just so Nick and I could make the trip on Friday to Blacksburg to visit Matthew. And that is just what we did. Nick drove the entire 8 hour trip and I slept right through most of Pa, all of Maryland and West Virginia and half of Virginia.

We stayed at the Inn at Virginia Tech which is right on campus and about a mile from Matt's apartment. We spent some fun time with Matt's puppy . We think Murphy is part beagle and part German Shephard.He is so cute! We did a little bit of shopping Saturday afternoon. I bought a Tech bandanna to wear to,what I hope will be, my last treatment on April 22nd.

On Sunday, we attended Mass at the Squires Student Center in the Ballroom. It was a wonderful service attended by more than 600 students and family members. After we ate brunch at the Inn, Matt went back to his apartment to do work on his graduate thesis proposal on Jamestown and Nick and I took a walk on campus. The day was sunny and not one cloud in the sky ( The photo is of Burruss Hall at VT.) . We walked to the duck pond then on the the Drillfield and the April 16th Memorial. After I napped for an hour we were back at Matt's apartment for a delicious lasagna dinner.

It was important for me to make this trip to see Matt as it is important that I make the trip to see Terry and Andy in Kansas in May. Cancer treatment may sideline me for a bit but will not stop me from being with my family.

Livestrong

Dee
Every Day is a Blessing !

No comments: