This is the first time that I have had neutropenia since my first chemo in 05-06. So I pulled out the old "Symptoms and Side Effects" handout I got from CINJ and put those precautions into effect.
- Avoid uncooked fruits and veggies
- Avoid large crowds of people w/colds etc
- Avoid activities that may cause cuts and breaks in the skin
- Avoid walking barefoot
- Wash hands often.
- Take my temp daily. (If it is 100.5 degrees or higher I need to call my doctor immediately.)
- Use moisturizer if skin is dry
- Get plenty of rest
Every Day is a Blessing! even if you receive news you weren't expecting.